Friday 23 August 2013

Afternoon Gardening.

I love gardening. I haven't always, in fact I had no interest in my younger years. My love may have evolved with my age, owning my own home, the 'timeout' I get when I garden and the appreciation of watching plants grow into something wonderful. The combination of all that I mentioned makes it one of my favourite, um, hobbies? Although I think I'm still one step away from putting 'gardening' under my 'Interests & Hobbies' on my resume!

I look forward to getting out into the garden this Summer with Miss Two. Last Summer it was more about her getting as much dirt in her mouth as possible, this year I hope she will be able to assist me with the weeding! Training started today ... it was a little windy & muddy, but we rugged up and pottered about, we had a lovely time.

I grow my own little veggie patch and have managed to grow a good little crop of vegetables. We have just recently bought a compost and it's so amazing the things you can put in that thing - vacuum dust and all!?

I love my little book Backyard Farming that my friend gave me for my birthday last year, it's so insightful & has some really creative ideas to try out.

Here are some pics from my arvo in the garden. xo








No comments:

Post a Comment